quickstart question

Questions and discussion about The WiPy 1.0 board and CC3200 boards.
Target audience: Users with a WiPy 1.0 or CC3200 board.
jawi

quickstart question

Post by jawi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:18 pm

I just received my wipy + expansion board, and was trying to get some action out of it. I'm a little confused as how to start.

If I read the schematics right, the wipy can be powered by using the micro USB connector, right? And once the expansion board is powered, at least one led should light up? At the moment, connecting the expansion board (with or without the wipy) to a USB port does not show any sign of life, not even a blimp. Measuring the supply lines (Vin/Gnd) doesn't show much (around 0.5V).

Any ideas?

Jos

Re: quickstart question

Post by Jos » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:17 pm

OK so basically this is the same question as I wrote here:

http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=977

So more people have now this experience so the team can better quickly update the site and reply these posts.

Also I would recommend to post a real first getting started on the site so more info than what is on the box and less overwhelming/hard to search as the current getting started with all pin details etc what is not really "getting started".

Jos

jawi

Post by jawi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:41 am

Jos wrote:OK so basically this is the same question as I wrote here:...
Except that your expansion board at least lights up when powered by the micro-USB connector. Mine doesn't :(

danicampora

Post by danicampora » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:04 am

Hi jawi,

I am sorry to hear that. We tested all boards before shipping...
When you connect your expansion board to your PC, the green LED doesn't work? Do you have all jumpers in place?

Cheers,
Daniel

jawi

Post by jawi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:12 am

Hi Daniel,
danicampora wrote:When you connect your expansion board to your PC, the green LED doesn't work? Do you have all jumpers in place
All jumpers are still in place. I've connected the expansion board to my laptop, but the green LED remains off. I've also tried powering it using an 1A micro-USB charger, but that also does not light up the green LED...

edit: I've powered the wipy directly using my bench supply and fortunately this works! So, it appears that my expansion board is doa?!

danicampora

Post by danicampora » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:51 am

Hi jawi,

That's really weird...
I am really sorry to hear that. Please let me know your KS full name and I'll ship another expansion board to you ASAP.

Cheers,
Daniel

jawi

Post by jawi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Daniel,
danicampora wrote:Please let me know your KS full name and I'll ship another expansion board to you ASAP.
I've PM'd you my KS details. Thanks!

danicampora

Post by danicampora » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Got it! I'll take care of it today! Again, apologies for the issues.

danicampora

Post by danicampora » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:47 am

Hi jawi,

Your replacement expansion board is on your way, should be with you tomorrow. Thanks for the super fast report!

Cheers,
Daniel

jawi

Post by jawi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Daniel,

I've received my new expansion board, and it is working perfectly now! Thanks for the quick action!