Custom board based on Pyboard

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
HarryOz

Re: Custom board based on Pyboard

Post by HarryOz » Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks for the info. Do you know where i can find a full set of libraries & schematics i can use?

rickygee

Post by rickygee » Fri May 20, 2016 8:19 am

I based my board on the original, since I wanted to avoid having to recompile the code, I am more interested in the application side than in programming, so this was the best route. I use PADs, I had to load all of the parts into the libraries, so you need a few pages of the data sheets, with pinout and package information.
Once the boards are manufactured, you then have to assemble them, if you are lucky enough to have a home brew SMD oven, nice. Otherwise I find a stereo microscope is useful when using a fine tipped soldering iron and solder paste. Since the board was a near copy of the original, loading python was as in the docs for micropython.
The boards I did are already in use, one is being used to gather weather data. I intend to do a rerun, the LDO regulator should not be back fed if you want an efficient SMPS to run the unit at 3.3V, so will jumper the output. I am also doing a motherboard, which will support a Li-ion battery and charger, ZETA SMPS, and analog and digital buses which will allow custom cards, veroboard or your own PCB into them to plug into them using 0.1" pitch connectors,
cheers,
Richard

HarryOz

Post by HarryOz » Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 am

Nice one.