Esp32 port

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
torwag

Re: Esp32 port

Post by torwag » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:58 am

@Damien:
Could you share which board you use for dev and testing. It might be helpful, if people first start on a common HW resp. source to avoid misleading bug reports due to board differences or unreliable sources.
Which brings me back to my idea of having a nice clean and clear separation between SoC and boards in form of two clearly named libs ;)

Damien
Site Admin

Post by Damien » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:57 pm

torwag wrote: Could you share which board you use for dev and testing. It might be helpful, if people first start on a common HW resp. source to avoid misleading bug reports due to board differences or unreliable sources.
I'm using the LoPy, but it's also known to work on the SparkFun ESP32 Thing.

Damien
Site Admin

Post by Damien » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:02 pm

I am very happy to report that, after some discussion, Pycom will be joining forces with us on the ESP32 port! We will be merging our efforts and code and the core ESP32 port will be MIT licensed with contributions from Pycom.

Here is their announcement (see their forum https://forum.pycom.io/topic/550/pycom- ... -the-esp32):

--------
We are pleased to confirm that after further discussions with Damien George, we have decided to work together on a single Port of MicroPython for the ESP32. This Port will be MIT licensed thus enabling Pycom and the existing MP community to build a super-rich and quality code base hosted on the official MicroPython repository.

We will be submitting Pull-requests to the MP repository over the next 2 to 3 weeks starting early next week. When the Port is feature ready, Pycom will switch to using this as the source to build the firmware for all our ESP32 based products.

In Pycom’s Github account, we will host a fork of this jointly built ESP 32 port where we will add our advanced network features such as LoRa, Sigfox and cCellular all of which will be covered by our existing GPL V3.

Pycom is committed to propagating MicroPython amongst the IoT industry as we firmly believe this great language is the ideal solution for rapid product development in an already complex space.
--------

This should benefit all users of the ESP32 as this collaboration will lead to a high-quality and well maintained port.

marfis

Post by marfis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 am

excellent!

Turbinenreiter

Post by Turbinenreiter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:05 am

This is great!

bmarkus

Post by bmarkus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19 am

Great!
Tiny Core Linux (piCore) developer
HAM radio call: HA5DI (Béla)

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:25 am

Good news :D
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

hugh

Post by hugh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Excellent.

Micropython works well on my SparkFun ESP32 Thing.

Thanks to all for the hard work
Hugh

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello @Damien, I just tried your port on the SparkFun ESP32 Thing, and it works really impressive.
I quickly adapted my personal set of tools, consisting of the on-board editor pye, Paul's upysh and a foreground version of an ftpserver.
Attached is the package, for all who are interested. I placed them in modules to get in frozen bytecode. The ftpserver works in passive mode only.
This is now a good start to rework a project, which I made with the esp8266 and where I need more GPIO pins for the next version, not to talk about RAM and Speed.

Edit: File removed, a new copy is below
Last edited by Roberthh on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devnull

Post by devnull » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am

@Roberthh - thanks for sharing your tools, I have tried the ftp server, and although I have files / folders on the device, the ftp server does not appear to list them.

I can see the command executed on the device, but no files !

Code: Select all

>>> from apps import uftpserver
Command=USER, Payload=anonymous, Path=/anonymous
Command=PWD, Payload=, Path=/
I am using PASV mode, single connection, ftp client is FILEZILLA, any ide on what may be wrong ??