MicroPython File Uploader

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
kpanek

MicroPython File Uploader

Post by kpanek » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi all,

I recently wrote simple tool with GUI to upload files to ESP8266 boards, instead of using WebREPL. It probably works also for other MicroPython boards. I'm writing here just to show you the app. It is beta version already, so please inform me about bugs. You can download it from: http://www.wbudowane.pl/download/ Don't worry, app is in english. .NET Framework 4.5.2 is needed to run it.

Best regards,
Kamil

Update:
MicroPython File Uploader from version v 0.2 supports uploading and removing of files. Download link is the same.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/cESp6tZ.png
Last edited by kpanek on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shaoziyang

Re: MicroPython File Uploader

Post by shaoziyang » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:59 pm

It is small, and upload speed very fast!

But I found it does not support unicode file. And I hope MicroPython File Uploader will support download file, repl, code editor.

kpanek

Post by kpanek » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi,
I'm glad that you liked this software.
It should support any filetype, cause it's sending data in binary format. I tested it with .bmp and .jpg and it worked fine, so upload of unicode files should work. You'll not be able to open unicode file in MicroPython in text mode, you'll have to use binary mode. I don't plan to add unicode to ANSI converter in this tool for now, so ensure, that your .py scripts have ANSI encoding.

REPL is also working, but type in text-box below terminal. Then press enter and command will be sent. If your program is in loop, you must stop it before using REPL (by pressing Stop button). If you are writing loop or function in REPL mode and you want to quit from it, press backspace in empty box and press enter.

Downloading will be available in next version and probably short manual too. Then, if I find easy way to make syntax highlighting in C#, I'll add code editor.

shaoziyang

Post by shaoziyang » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:15 am

I hope file list wil be add too.

bitninja

Post by bitninja » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 pm

kpanek wrote:...if I find easy way to make syntax highlighting in C#, I'll add code editor.
I'd recommend...

https://github.com/jacobslusser/ScintillaNET

Just add it to your project... it has a WinForm control similar to a TextBox.

kpanek

Post by kpanek » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi again,

I released new version of MicroPython File Uploader, it is available at the same address: http://www.wbudowane.pl/download/

I added download and remove features (just type name of the file in textbox and press one of buttons). You can turn off autoscroll in terminal if you want in this version. I also made workaround to prevent exception when closing serial port (because of strange behaviour of ESP8266, which I have to investigate). I think this will be last beta version, so please tell me about any bugs you'll find.

I will probably make another tool, which will contain integrated editor, because I'm sure some people prefer to use IDE they like (Atom, Notepad, PyCharm etc.), so MicroPython File Uploader will be more suitable for them.

Also, I thank the guy who posted link to my website on various chinese websites. This helps me in positioning my site in Google.

ajie_dirgantara

Post by ajie_dirgantara » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:48 am

Could you add feature for adjustable serial baudrate?