Dammit! Wrecked my Pyboard already.

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
salimfadhley

Dammit! Wrecked my Pyboard already.

Post by salimfadhley » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Now I remember why I switched from Elec-Eng to Comp-Sci.

I soldered the pins of the LCD display. Unfortunately when I pluged it in I had the device one row of pins out. When I powered the device on I detected a whiff of burnt plastic and didn't see the status light. I must have short-circuited some of the pins and blown my board.

So now I've ruined my one and only pyboard is there any way to buy a replacement? I get the impression that they are not currently on sale, are they?

dhylands

Re: Dammit! Wrecked my Pyboard already.

Post by dhylands » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Bummer.

There is a "Sign-up for a board" at the bottom of the micropython.org page, so I'd definitely sign up there. It looks like the shipping for rewards is more or less done, so I'm guessing that Damien is fulfilling pre-orders now.

I'd probably email Damien directly as well.

Do you know which part was fried? It might be on the LCD board, and removing the LCD board may make your MicroPython board work again (it can't hurt to try).

SwimDude0614

Re: Dammit! Wrecked my Pyboard already.

Post by SwimDude0614 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Very sorry to hear this :( I definitely fried my share of electronics in the last few years. Good luck getting a new one