Can't get REPL prompt

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
dhylands

Re: Can't get REPL prompt

Post by dhylands » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:04 am

If reseting the filesystem still doesn't get a REPL, then the next logical thing to try is to reflash the firmware.

JJW

Post by JJW » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:33 am

Hi dhylands,

I will short boot pin to 3.3V. Since existing STM32 Bootloader with Windows7 is unstable to maintain the REPL >>> prompt on both my computers, do you know online site to download a better STM32 bootloader for Windows7?

Thank you so much for specifics to help solve my problems,

JJW

Post by JJW » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Finally returned missing >>> prompt on REPL using putty with my Windows 7!

Don't need to short boot pin to 3.3V.

I downloaded DfuSe USB DFU driver from www.ST.com. DfuSe v3.0.5 contains v3.0.4.0 for Windows 7 x64. Requires WinZip to unzip file from ST. Then run STMicroelectronics DfuSe_Setup program. :D

JJW

Post by JJW » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Excited too soon. REPL >>> prompt disappeared again.

Worked after loading STFM32 v3.0.5 firmware but REPL prompt does not appear for next 3 Pyboards. I tried both modify and repair options during reloading of firmware but now all 4 Pyboards cannot get a REPL prompt with putty.

Still can read and save main.py, run scripts on all 4 Pyboards. Second comment or an additional problem, with temporary working REPL, I debugged one Pyboard v1.1. Its accelerometer appears permanently fixed at -32 for both X & Y; no matter how I tilt board. Other 3 Pyboards, the accelerometers work.

How to get REPL to work continuously?

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:38 pm

I think under windows, each pyboard will show up using a different COM port.
And I assume your exiting putty and restarting it AFTER the pyboard has been assigned a COM port.

JJW

Post by JJW » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Yes, different COM port for each Pyboard otherwise cannot save or see script on main.py. Closed putty and ejected Pyboard each time. Find main.py after plug-in and then restart putty is routine to avoid additional problem created by procedure.

JJW

Post by JJW » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Was able but now cannot get REPL >>> prompt with Pyb. Tried everything I can think of during the past week except shorting bootc pin to 3.3V.

Otherwise, Pyb v1.0 edits, saves main.py from Windows 7 and runs short program.

I need help. Without REPL, cannot debug longer programs?