Any plans for Swiss Python Summit?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Christian Walther

Any plans for Swiss Python Summit?

Post by Christian Walther » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Registration for the Swiss Python Summit on February 17th 2017 in Rapperswil recently opened. I’m curious, is anyone here by any chance planning to present something about MicroPython there? I am not (I'm a bit too new to MicroPython for that), but I think it would be very cool to hear/see something about it and make some connections between the professional Pythonist crowd and the maker crowd. (/me eyes deshipu)

(I am not involved with the organization of the summit, I just hope to be there as an attendee, after I missed the last one.)

deshipu

Re: Any plans for Swiss Python Summit?

Post by deshipu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 pm

I will certainly come if I can (it's a long time from now, and I can't say for sure there will be no conflicts with other conferences or work-related stuff), but I didn't think about preparing anything. I will have a talk about MicroPython next week in Zürich (http://www.meetup.com/pyzurich/events/233425902/) and I don't think it would be a good idea to re-use that for the conference (a lot of the same people will probably come). They also don't plan any workshops, as far as I know, so submitting a workshop doesn't make sense either. I don't have any original material to present there, but I'd love to help anybody who would like to prepare a talk.

Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:54 am

Oh, I would have liked to come to that meetup – shame it’s booked up and I’m already signed up for a different one at the same time. Have fun – and maybe see you at the conference!

sfkeller

Post by sfkeller » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:52 am

Hi all,

Sorry for chiming in late - but it's not too late I hope!

The next Swiss Python Summit 2022 takes place at Tu. 22. September 2022 in Rapperswil at OST - the "most beautiful campus of Switzerland". Registration is open now. Social Media hashtag is #SPS22.

See https://www.python-summit.ch/

Yours, Stefan