Micro Python Quadcopter

Showroom for MicroPython related hardware projects.
Target audience: Users wanting to show off their project!
jeffeb3

Re: Micro Python Quadcopter

Post by jeffeb3 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:17 pm

This is really neat. I love writing python code, and I have this same quadcopter frame. I don't have a uPy yet, and I don't have any spare cycles ATM to spend on it, but I do want to watch your progress. Please keep this thread going.

Also, there is substantial maturity in the MultiWIi project, which is what I use on my ST360. I would suggest taking a look at that code for a reference on the math, and the different type of algorithms you'll need to integrate to get a stable quadcopter.

Do any of you know how to fly a quadcopter? They can be a bit tricky. I would suggest getting a blade nano qx. They are around $65 here at my local hobby shop, and they are nearly indestructible. They are a great indoor trainer. Try to get good enough to use the "red" mode, which is just controlling around the gyro inputs. The safer "blue" mode controls around the accelerometer (with the gyro included in the measurements) and is much easier to fly.

Bluetooth also has a problem with latency, if you're thinking of controlling the quad directly.

Do you have a radio? The Hobby King Turnigy 9X is a very good radio for not much money. The OrangeRx receivers are great too. They have one that has 7CH or PPM, which lets you get all 7 with one wire.

Also, you need a cooler name. Something that makes you think of flying snakes. Flight of the pythons?

pkoundinya

Post by pkoundinya » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:52 pm

This is great stuff, I ordered uPy without thinking and it has been great so far. I also ordered similar parts, will follow this project closely.

P.S would it be cool if we created a project repo on git and every one can contribute parts of code. we could each volunteer to work on different parts and later we could integrate
( I don't know if this already exists)

gilbertkacy90

Post by gilbertkacy90 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 am

Hi I'm an electronics eng student and former UAS operator, I was wondering if there was a post her on this forum that showed a complete parts list and instructions on how to build&program the micro-python quadcopter. This looks like alot of fun and great way for me to learn not only about the uses of the micropython but also electronics in general!
Please help, really interested in learning how this works!! I see that you all posted a 'parts list from hobby king, but what are the steps to building the quadcopter? Keep in mind im somewhat of a noobie when it comes to hobby electronics. I used to fly drones in the army, but never got a chance to build or see how they were built, really would like a chance to do so myself w/o buying a complete kit online!

gilbertkacy90

micropython quadcopter

Post by gilbertkacy90 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 am

One of teh first post on this forum was the micropython quadcopter. I'm interested in learning to build/program my own, does anyone know what parts and/or have instructions as to how to program the device? I'm a former uas operator in the army adn would like to build my own for a hobby craft--thing is i'm a complet noob when it comes to electronics!! can anyone help me out with building and programming the python quadcopter mentioned here in teh projects forum please?

wagnerc4

Post by wagnerc4 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:32 pm

here is a flight controller for quadcopter, hexacopter or octacopters using a pyboard:

https://hackaday.io/project/7610-microp ... controller

Mr.Nordheim

Post by Mr.Nordheim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Awesome. I think i must try this some day!

I'll admit that this is still way over my skill but it is also nice to know that some people are working on this.

sera4242

Post by sera4242 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 am

[quote="Damien"]Here is a short video with 1 of the motors controlled by the pyboard, using the accelerometer to change the speed: [url]http://youtu.be/9zFYHiPbdQI[/url]

Note that it's already starting to take off with just 1 motor, and it's only at about 40% maximum power in that video.

I think I'm going to need a watchdog...[/quote]
Build a quadcopter very good. I buy quadcopter Parrot Mini-Drone Rolling Spider. I found this model on site http://jonsguide.org/best-top-mini-quadcopter-reviews/, and think this is the best model. I'd buy you a model quadcopte, but a little late.
Last edited by sera4242 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.