Unresponsive REPL

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
uckly

Unresponsive REPL

Post by uckly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:48 am

Hello. Relatively new user here. I have been able to get the Pyboard to show up in device management, by installing the drivers OpenMV. While it does show up and i am able to connect to it through a terminal, it does not show the "welcome prompt" and it does not respond when hitting enter. After installing the OpenMV drivers, i am no longer able to browse the files through USB Mass Storage either. Can anyone give me a hint or point in the right direction on how to fix this?
//best regards

pythoncoder

Re: Unresponsive REPL

Post by pythoncoder » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:09 am

If you're using OpenMV hardware, I suggest you post this query on the OpenMV forum. If you're using a Pyboard, you can't expect OpenMV code to run as the Pyboard doesn't support a camera.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

uckly

Re: Unresponsive REPL

Post by uckly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm

In my ignorance, i did not know what OpenMV was. It makes sense that it doesn't work. I have a hard time installing the pybcdc.inf on windows. I have followed the instructions given in several guides, about entering test mode and disabling integrity checks, but i keep getting the error: "Third party INF file does not contain information about digital signatures".