Factory Reset Not Working

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
tcontrada

Factory Reset Not Working

Post by tcontrada » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 pm

I just received my new pyboard 1.1 and was trying to get it working. I was able to modify the main.py and run a simple test.
BTW, I could never get the USB driver working and I am running W10. Then I noticed two pyflash drives in my File Explorer and could no longer edit the main.py. I tried the Factory Reset and got to the green and orange LED's flashing, then the orange LED flashed a few time and both went off while I was still pressing the USR button.

Is this board that sensitive to failure after only a few minutes?

What do I do now???

Thanks,
Tony

dhylands

Re: Factory Reset Not Working

Post by dhylands » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Both the orange and green LEDs should flash to indicate that its performing a factory reset.

If just one flashes, then it's doing one of the other modes.

tcontrada

Post by tcontrada » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 pm

The instructions say that both orange and green LED's should stay lit, then release the USR button.
That does not happen, the orange flashes a few times and goes out. None of the LED's are lit.

What am I doing wrong?

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Just to clarify the procedure, you press and hold USR and then pres and release RESET while continuing the hold USR.

You see the orange/green LEDs go through a sequence: green only, orange only, both green and orange at the same time, and then it will repeat the sequence, Release the USR button when both green abnd orange are on at the same time.

You should then see green and orange flash rapidly 3 times, and then shortly afterwards red LED will come on, and then all of the LEDs will go out.

I recorded a short youtube video and as soon as its uploaded, I'll edit this post to include a link.
and here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8SG6N_5cs

tcontrada

Post by tcontrada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks, that helped a bunch...Now got it working correctly again!

-Tony