Pymakr on this forum

Questions and discussion about The WiPy 1.0 board and CC3200 boards.
Target audience: Users with a WiPy 1.0 or CC3200 board.
Gordon_Hardman

Pymakr on this forum

Post by Gordon_Hardman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:26 pm

I just downloaded the pymakr 1.0.0.b1 beta release. My Avast antivirus does not like it, and moves it to the "Chest". I reported it as a probable false positive to Avast, but there has not been an update yet. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Also, is there going to be a separate place on the forum for pymakr? Their "support" redirected me to this forum. But doing a search on "pymakr" got zero hits.

Gordon

platforma

Re: Pymakr on this forum

Post by platforma » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:34 am

It's interesting that the support directed you here, I wasn't aware that this is going to merge with the pymakr/lopy developing comunity. I suppose since wipy and friends are part of pycom, it makes sense.

So far I don't think I've seen anyone mentioning pymakr on the forum, people mostly use a terminal and a text editor. But it might be the case that a separate sub-forum will be opened for lopy/pymakr eventually. Damien will be the best person to comment, but him and other devs are fairly busy with esp8266 port right now to keep up with the kickstarter. Keep an eye out on the forum and pycom.io updates. In the meantime, if your issue is an anti-virus misbehaving, it's probably the anti-virus rather than the software itself, it's all written in python isn't it? I don't think there's any binary code there, but please correct me. Just add the pymakr to the whitelist and carry on using it.

Alex

mbevilacqua

Post by mbevilacqua » Sun May 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Silly question but still haven't figured how to use pymakr to automatically upload code and execute it...
Got my project setup, for the wipy setup, can use the lower tab to interact with the wipy but running my project seems to try to run it locally instead of pushing it to the wipy and running it there.
Of course the lack of even minimum instructions / guides (as with everything wipy related) doesn't help the end user experience here either :oops:

How's everyone developing on this think? FTP + telnet? seems sooo slow to gent anywhere.
(Not even going to ask about debugging in the wipy)

Niallp

Post by Niallp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:40 am

[quote="mbevilacqua"]Silly question but still haven't figured how to use pymakr to automatically upload code and execute it...
Got my project setup, for the wipy setup, can use the lower tab to interact with the wipy but running my project seems to try to run it locally instead of pushing it to the wipy and running it there.
Of course the lack of even minimum instructions / guides (as with everything wipy related) doesn't help the end user experience here either :oops:

How's everyone developing on this think? FTP + telnet? seems sooo slow to gent anywhere.
(Not even going to ask about debugging in the wipy)[/quote]

Sounds like you got further than I have, all I get is a continuous connection followed by immediate connection closed, no chance to interact with it.

telnet+ftp is rather tedious but at least it is working ...

(has anyone else noticed that the search functionality on this forum is broken ?)

rcolistete

Post by rcolistete » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:33 pm

In the document "Pycom Pymakr Beta Release 1.0.0.b1 Notes - 27 April 2016" we can read :
Works
* Built-in REPL console (see below on how to configure it).
* PEP8 checking: with a file in the editor, right click, check > code style.

Features to come in next release
* Project synchronization.
* Automatic MicroPython code upload.
* WiPy firmware upgrades.
So many are complaining about lack of file transfer, which is IMHO "Project synchronization", a feature to be released.
My "MicroPython Samples". My "MicroPython Firmwares" with many options (double precision, ulab, etc).

dwight.hubbard

Post by dwight.hubbard » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:24 pm

I generally use pycharm to do my development on the wipy. My notes on getting it set up with the wipy are here http://wipy-tools.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... charm.html
rcolistete wrote:In the document "Pycom Pymakr Beta Release 1.0.0.b1 Notes - 27 April 2016" we can read :
Works
* Built-in REPL console (see below on how to configure it).
* PEP8 checking: with a file in the editor, right click, check > code style.

Features to come in next release
* Project synchronization.
* Automatic MicroPython code upload.
* WiPy firmware upgrades.
So many are complaining about lack of file transfer, which is IMHO "Project synchronization", a feature to be released.

rodrigob

Post by rodrigob » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:11 pm

PyCharm is by far the best python editor I have found.
Having a tab with a console running the telnet, plus the automatic ftp transfer described above should make a sweet setup.

My experience trying PyMakr was a total fail. I do not understand why a company as small as pycom spends time into creating such infective IDE, instead of spending time improving the documentation of their existing products and showcasing example projects.