- to work with PyMakr, WiPy 1.0 needs MicroPython v1.8.2 release 1.30, available in :
- MicroPython v1.8.2-1.8.6 downloads in :
don't contain firmware release 1.3.0, just the 1.2.0 release;
- MicroPython v1.8.6 release 1.20 has serious performance issues compared to MicroPython v1.8.2 release 1.30 :
* pystone_lowmem "benchmark" of 239 x 659;
* PerformanceTest (using "time.ticks_ms") benchmark :
https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... erformance
of 175218 x 918031;
* ADC sample rate of 14.4 ksamples/s x 62.5 ksamples/s.
To know the release version of MicroPython on WiPy :
Code: Select all
MicroPython v1.8.2-103-g834e021 on 2016-08-19; WiPy with CC3200
Type "help()" for more information.
>>> import os
(sysname='WiPy', nodename='WiPy', release='1.3.0', version='v1.8.2-103-g834e021 on 2016-08-19', machine='WiPy with CC3200')
I don't know the reason for this low performance of v1.8.6, maybe is the release 1.2.0.
Anyway, it would be nice to have MicroPython downloads with release 1.30.
Link for the same issue in Pycom Forum.