[LEGO] I wrote a module that lets you operate the Mindstorms Inventor hub from your computer

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
noamraph

[LEGO] I wrote a module that lets you operate the Mindstorms Inventor hub from your computer

Post by noamraph » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:30 am

Hi,

I wrote a module that lets you operate the Mindstorms Robot Inventor hub from your computer. This means that instead of sending entire python files to the hub and letting it run them, you can run the command one after another from your computer. This allows easy experimenting from a python shell on your computer, showing you completions and API documentation on the way. This also allows you to use the regular debugging facilities you're used to.

The API mirrors that of the actual micropython API, so programs that run on the hub (and don't use callbacks) should run on your computer using this module and vice versa.

The API documentation was copied from the official LEGO MINDSTORMS Inventor Hub documentation.

Managing the actual connection to the hub is using the excellent rshell project.

It's here: https://github.com/noamraph/mindstorms
Please let me know if you find it useful, or if you have any comments!

Cheers,
Noam