SAMD51

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
Smrtokvitek

SAMD51

Post by Smrtokvitek » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:01 pm

There is a new mcu from Atmel/Microchip coming out soon.
Atmel/Microchip wrote:The SAM D51 high performance micro-controller series features a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit (FPU), running up to 120 MHz ,up to 1 MB Dual Panel Flash with ECC, and up to 256 KB of SRAM with ECC.
It looks like they try to make a direct competitor to STM32 products. Adafruit plans to have it as a main MCU for their CircuitPython so it might be nice new device for microPython as well.

Adafruit presentation video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Cs6oCbqeI

Turbinenreiter

Re: SAMD51

Post by Turbinenreiter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Woah, if they do a Feather M4 Datalogger with this chip running MicroPython I finally have my perfect board. Would even push me over going through the MicroPython/CircuitPython inconvenience.

And the price is half/third of the comparable STM32F4!

jana07

Re: SAMD51

Post by jana07 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Dear Folks,

We are planning to use ADC 0 , ADC 1 , DAC 0 , SPI 0 , Timer 0, I2C 0 software components in SAMD51. We have not connected any external oscillator. Using DFLL at 48 Mhz we have provided the source. Is this correct ? How to configure clock source for SAMd51 ?

I have posted in Atmel forum also. But i haven't received any answers. Please help me to move fast.

Currently, i have implemented the code for blinking LED continuously with internal oscilator 32.768 KhZ. But issue is LED is blinkinh around 6 secs and stopped immediately. Is this because of clock configuration ?