nRF52840 - HolyIot Board Definition

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
devnull

Re: nRF52840 - HolyIot Board Definition

Post by devnull » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:25 pm

The problem is whilst I am working on this, as I am breaking new ground with an untested board and a non-standard programer, I am not sure if these problems are related to my non-standard programming method (openocd) or are inherent in the build for this device.

Here's 3 problems I have, do you have the same ??

1) Cannot use Ctrl-E paste mode - after pasting the first line, the device will just hang and then will report out of memory errors.
2) Cannot use RSHELL and therefore cannot upload any of my files (other than frozen ones)
3) Import os seems very limited, there is no:

Code: Select all

os.chdir
os.mkdir
os.rename
os.remove
os.rmdir

WhiteHare

Post by WhiteHare » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:22 pm

devnull wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:25 pm
The problem is whilst I am working on this, as I am breaking new ground with an untested board and a non-standard programer, I am not sure if these problems are related to my non-standard programming method (openocd) or are inherent in the build for this device.

Here's 3 problems I have, do you have the same ??

1) Cannot use Ctrl-E paste mode - after pasting the first line, the device will just hang and then will report out of memory errors.
2) Cannot use RSHELL and therefore cannot upload any of my files (other than frozen ones)
3) Import os seems very limited, there is no:

Code: Select all

os.chdir
os.mkdir
os.rename
os.remove
os.rmdir
Learning how to use RSHELL is on my todo list, so I'll try to answer #2 when I get started on that. Presently I'm using ampy, and the only thing I've been able to get it to do with ampy is put files on the target board. Luckily, that's the absolute minimum that I need. So, if you're having no luck with RSHELL, maybe you want to try ampy until we get this figured out?

devnull

Post by devnull » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 am

I started with ampy, but quickly moved to rshell, its so much better, but anyway it looks like it's broken for the nrf.

OK, so am able to connect via bluetooth REPL using https://aykevl.nl/apps/nus/ which is pretty neat, so this proves that bluetooth is working and my compile method is OK.

But running the nus nodejs app on my macbook just waits forever and never discovers any device.

UPDATE
=====
Looks like it is broken on mojave: https://github.com/noble/noble/issues/834