It offers very low price, excelent characteristics, Micropython support (MaixPy, with source code available on Github.Sipeed MAIX is the first RV64 AI board for Edge Computing, it makes AI embeded to any IoT device possible.
MAIX have tons of excited features: DualCore RV64 IMAFDC, 8MB SRAM, Neural Network Processor(0.25~0.5TOPS, support TensorFlow Lite), APU, hardcore FFT...
All this is in Square Inch, 0.3W, from $5!
Also we have breadboard friendly board, and micropython available.
MAIX is openmind, everyone can contribute code/document, trade network module.
MAIX, Maximize AI's power.
I've contributed for one MAIX Bit, hopefully it will be delivered in December, and one M1w dock suit which should be available this month.
If it will work good, it will be the fastest and most powerful MicroPython board.
In hardware, MAIX have powerful KPU K210 inside, it offers many exciting features:
- First competitive RISC-V chip, also Fisrt competitive AI chip, newly release in Sep. 2018.
- It is 28nm process, dual-core RISC-V 64bit IMAFDC, on-chip huge 8MB high-speed SRAM(not for XMR ), 400MHz frequency(overclockable to 800MHz).
- It have KPU(Neural Network Processor) inside, 64 KPU which is 576bit width, support convolution kernels, any form of activation function. It offers 0.25TOPS@0.3W,400MHz, and when you overclock to 800MHz, it offers 0.5TOPS. It means you can do object recognition 60fps@VGA.
- It have APU(Audio Processor), support 8mics, upto 192KHz sample rate, hardcore FFT unit inside, thus it is easy to make an Mic Array(MAIX offer it too)
- It have flexible FPIOA(Field Programmable IO Array), you can map 255 functions to all 48 GPIOs on the chip.
- DVP camera and MCU LCD interface, you can connect an DVP camera, run your algorithm, and display on LCD.
- And many other accelerators and peripherals: AES Accelerator, SHA256 Accelerator, FFT Accelerator(not APU's one), OTP, UART,WDT,IIC,SPI,I2S,TIMER,RTC,PWM, etc.