K210 basic benchmark test

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
lbattraw

Re: K210 basic benchmark test

Post by lbattraw » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 pm

zepan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi, the default Maixpy firmware is run on 160MHz to get lowpower consume.
K210 stand freq is 400MHz, and can be up to 600MHz without increase voltage, and able to 800MHz when increase core voltage to 1.1V.
We test your test in 390MHz, it is about 1.3~1.4s
Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/r5fVphvKvR4

we will add system freq adjust soon.
If you are interested in maixpy development, you can send email to support@sipeed.com, and we can send MAIX board to you for FREE~
The performance sounds ok for a very early port of MicroPython. From what I understand the K210 has dual cores, are they identical in speed/design? It would be great to be able to use both of them, though I'm not sure how that would work under MP; the only dual-core chip that runs MP is the ESP32, and I don't know if the second core is even available for use from an application standpoint.

I've already backed some of the boards on the Indiegogo campaign, however it's not really clear how long it will take to get them. Is there a particular "Perk" to select that will arrive the fastest? Do you have an online store that we can order from?

I'm sure there are people who would like to help test and develop with these boards and MicroPython, but it would be nice to be able to have a reliable, quick way to get them if we don't qualify for a free board.

-Larry

zepan

Post by zepan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:01 am

lbattraw wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 pm
zepan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi, the default Maixpy firmware is run on 160MHz to get lowpower consume.
K210 stand freq is 400MHz, and can be up to 600MHz without increase voltage, and able to 800MHz when increase core voltage to 1.1V.
We test your test in 390MHz, it is about 1.3~1.4s
Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/r5fVphvKvR4

we will add system freq adjust soon.
If you are interested in maixpy development, you can send email to support@sipeed.com, and we can send MAIX board to you for FREE~
The performance sounds ok for a very early port of MicroPython. From what I understand the K210 has dual cores, are they identical in speed/design? It would be great to be able to use both of them, though I'm not sure how that would work under MP; the only dual-core chip that runs MP is the ESP32, and I don't know if the second core is even available for use from an application standpoint.

I've already backed some of the boards on the Indiegogo campaign, however it's not really clear how long it will take to get them. Is there a particular "Perk" to select that will arrive the fastest? Do you have an online store that we can order from?

I'm sure there are people who would like to help test and develop with these boards and MicroPython, but it would be nice to be able to have a reliable, quick way to get them if we don't qualify for a free board.

-Larry
Hi, feel free to send email to support@sipeed.com, we will priority send developer's package.
And if you add "DHL" perk, we will send via DHL, usually rcv in 3~5 days.
And seeed will upload MAIX this week.

victagayun

Post by victagayun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi is it possible to combine perks to discount shipping fee?
Is it possible to order 3pcs M1w dock suit?