New implementation of MicroPython for K210

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
loboris

New implementation of MicroPython for K210

Post by loboris » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:03 pm

New implementation of MicroPython for Kendrite K210 (MaixPy) based on FreeRTOS is now available.

For more information see the announcement on my Forum.

shaoziyang

Re: New implementation of MicroPython for K210

Post by shaoziyang » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 pm

That's great!

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Hello @loboris. This is a very nice port to the K210, and much smaller than the original one. I tried it and it works well. But still a lot of work to do.
I noticed that you used a quite old version of pye, which also stops at entering Ctrl-D and does not copy with Ctrl-c. The newer version works well. You find it here: https://github.com/robert-hh/Micropytho ... /tree/vcol
You can either use pye.py or pye_mp.py. The latter contains less code for linux.
It has a few more commands like block comment and convenience stuff.

loboris

Post by loboris » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Roberthh wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 pm
I noticed that you used a quite old version of pye ...
Thanks for reminding me, I'll certainly update the pye module.

As you said, still a lot of work to do. It took some time to familiarize myself with K210 hardware and software (plus the freertos-sdk required quite a few changes to make it work properly), but I'm confident to make a more rapid progress in the next weeks/months (as much as the limited free time will allow).

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 am

A few other notes:
- It was impossible for me to flash the provided image without the option -l isp_flash.bin and the ips_flash.bin file. You came across the topic earlier, and I learned that from you.
- ampy and rshell do not work. The reason is the raw mode and soft reset behavior, which is different from the other micropython modules. Both tools requiere:
a) upon switching into raw mode the message "raw REPL; CTRL-B to exit" is sent by the module
b) when then soft reset is sent (Ctrl-d), the messages "PYB: soft reboot" and "raw REPL; CTRL-B to exit" are sent by the device on separate lines.
c) ymodem works well, much better than sipeed's zmodem, which I hardly ever could get to work. But I had events that it would create a corrupted file. And sometimes it is more convenient to use tools like ampy or rshell.

loboris

Post by loboris » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 pm

@Roberthh

I've fixed the issues with ampy and rshell.
ampy works fine, directory listing with rshell is little slow. other things works, I'll check it more before committing the changes...

BTW, this Forum could be a better place to discuss issues related to this MicroPython port.