[Arch_Mix/RT1052] Arch_Mix board with MicroPython

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
Tonkabot@home

[Arch_Mix/RT1052] Arch_Mix board with MicroPython

Post by Tonkabot@home » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:12 am

Hi, I have been interested in designing a board using the NXP RT1052, which is an arm M7 running 600Mhz. I found Seeed studios is selling a board called the Arch_Mix pretty cheap, so I bought two. These have a micropython port on them, version
'MicroPython v1.9.3-477-g7b0a020-dirty on 2018-03-21; Universal python platform with RT-Thread' according to itself.

The Seeed documentation is very limited (or hidden). I came here trying to learn more about what I can do with the micropython on this board.
For example, the seeed documentation says I can access the LED with this:
LED = Pin(("LED1", 52), Pin.OUT_PP) #Set pin 52 to output mode
LED.value(1)

And it does work, however it is an RGB LED and they fail to mention that pin 52 is just the red led. I tried 53 for the green, and 54 the blue, guesses which are correct. They pretty much don't say more than that about it, which is pretty lame. Also, the chip is a ballgrid and pin 52 has no relationship to the real pin names that I can find.

Anyone know where I can find out more about this port of micropython?

Brynn

torwag

Re: [Arch_Mix/RT1052] Arch_Mix board with MicroPython

Post by torwag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:58 am

Hi,

any "offical" port to a new SoC can be found in github in the folder ports
https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... ster/ports
as far as I know the NXP RT1052 is not official. Thus, you would need to look out whether seeed published the fork they used to create that port.
Ports are generic for a certain SoC architecture. In some cases those are supported by a sub-directory called boards. (E.g. https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... m32/boards ) In this you will find folders containing certain boards for this SoC and the config files to adapt to the functionality of the board itself. Like in your example the RGB-LED. It also configures all kind of settings, e.g. whether to add certain modules into the core, as they are needed for that certain board, e.g. to support an RTC on that board.

Hope that gives you an idea.