STM32F405RG Hardware timer period to 6h

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
Mikki

Re: STM32F405RG Hardware timer period to 6h

Post by Mikki » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm

I flashed some Images, and the one for the handmade PYB v3 works well so far.

edit: The order of the onboard LEDs is set different, the rest works fine.
Now I can also use the software Timer, and even the dht module. Updating was a good advice.

Code: Select all

MicroPython v1.12-195-gb16990425 on 2020-02-24; PYBv3 with STM32F405RG
Type "help()" for more information.
>>> 
Do you know where the firmware came from?
It was the preinstalled firmware from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is called sanmulink or sanmuchina. I made a backup before updating.

Mikki

Post by Mikki » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:44 pm

My project is a box with regulated temperature and humidity. I'm using a Dht22 as sensor, a heat mat to heat, fans to cool and a humidifier for humidity regulation.
Also I need an air exchange every six hour, that's what this topic was about.
My code works so far. But now I added deepsleep in between the regulation cycles, and therefore the timer callback is reset after each deepsleep.
My idea is, to save the time in a time.txt file before going to deepsleep. And reading it every wake up, adding the deepsleep time.
Is this a good way to go? Or is there an other way?

keithostertag

Post by keithostertag » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 am

Mikki wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm
I flashed some Images, and the one for the handmade PYB v3 works well so far.
This is an old thread, but can you tell me which firmware you used that works? I also have that board and need to upgrade it (made by Sanmuchina). I do not see any firmware section on Github for "handmade PYB v3", is there a better term to search for? Perhaps I am looking at the wrong place? Or they have since changed the page (https://micropython.org/download/)?

Also, I would be interested in seeing your code for your "box with regulated temperature and humidity" using the DHT22.

Thanks,
Keith