AMG8833 Thermal Imaging device driver

Discuss development of drivers for external hardware and components, such as LCD screens, sensors, motor drivers, etc.
Target audience: Users and developers of drivers.
pythoncoder

AMG8833 Thermal Imaging device driver

Post by pythoncoder » Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 am

This enables a simple low resolution thermal imaging camera to be constructed. Camera examples are provided for the official LCD160CR display and for the Adafruit 0.96 inch OLED display. The repository is here.

The driver was ported from the Adafruit CircuitPython code, with changes to use MicroPython coding conventions. Aims were to remove dependencies on Adafruit libraries, to improve efficiency and to extend the functionality.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

jimmo

Re: AMG8833 Thermal Imaging device driver

Post by jimmo » Thu May 23, 2019 11:50 am

Awesome! Thanks Peter! I have one of these, never got around to tidying up the driver for release. It's ba really great little module though.

I have this board in case anyone is interested in getting one https://www.tindie.com/products/onehors ... -ir-array/

pythoncoder

Re: AMG8833 Thermal Imaging device driver

Post by pythoncoder » Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am

This now includes optional modules for bicubic interpolation of the data: this improves the apparent resolution of the images, reducing the "blocky" effect of displaying data from the 8x8 sensor.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.