Drivers for EEPROM, FRAM and Flash chips
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:38 am
I have written this set of drivers for various chips which use I2C or SPI interfaces. The drivers use common base classes to provide the following features:
- Support for single or multiple chips on the same bus. Multiple chips are automatically configured as a single array.
- This can be accessed as an array of bytes, using Python slice syntax or via a readwrite method.
- Alternatively the array can be formatted and mounted as a filesystem using methods in the uos module. Any filesystem supported by the MicroPython build may be employed: FAT and littlefs have been tested. The latter is recommended.
- Drivers are portable: buses and pins should be instantiated using the machine module.
- Buses may be shared with other hardware.