data analysis with micropython?

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
adria

data analysis with micropython?

Post by adria » Tue May 04, 2021 3:19 pm

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi Pico in the hopes that I might be able to replace some Arduino boards with it in my current projects. Right now, I use an Arduino to collect data, write it to an SD card, then read the data out on my computer and do the analysis in Python3. The analysis consists of the curve_fit and leastsq modules from scipy.optimize. I was hoping to move all the analysis to the micro-controller itself with MicroPython. I realize I can't just put scipy on the board, but was hoping I might be able to use a few smaller sub-libraries.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way? Is it possible to take my current Python code and just kind of drop it in with a few pre-written libraries to back it up? Or am I going to need to re-write the tools I need from scratch? Would it be easier just to dust off my copy of Numerical Recipes and do this in C instead? Thanks for any advice!

stijn

Re: data analysis with micropython?

Post by stijn » Tue May 04, 2021 3:40 pm

adria

Re: data analysis with micropython?

Post by adria » Tue May 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks! It looks like a few optimize functions have been included; hopefully more will be added over time.