Porting Arduino SimpleFOC Library ( library implements Field Oriented Control algorithm for BLDC and Stepper and more...

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
exider

Porting Arduino SimpleFOC Library ( library implements Field Oriented Control algorithm for BLDC and Stepper and more...

Post by exider » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello,

I have searched everywhere but couldn’t find anything in relation to porting the Arduino SimpleFOC library to Micropython. I was wondering if it would it be possible to port it as it is very flexible and versatile library. Also micropython uses ulab as substitute to numpy which should provide the math functions necessary. Any ideas? Maybe someone has done some work already?

Here is the info:

https://docs.simplefoc.com/

Its Open Source

Motors:
two types of BLDC motors:
BLDC motors
3 phase (3 wire):
Gimbal and High-performance BLDC motors
Stepper motors
2 phase (4 wire)
Drive Boards:
BLDC motor driver
3 PWM signals ( 3 phase )
6 PWM signals ( 3 phase )
gimbal motor drivers or high-performance boards
Stepper drivers
4 PWM signals ( 2 phase )
Stepper drivers or double DC motor drivers

Motors
BLDC motors
Stepper motors
Drivers
BLDC drivers
Gimbal drivers
Stepper drivers
Position sensors
Encoders
Magnetic sensors
Hall sensors
Open-loop control
Microcontrollers
Arduino
STM32
ESP32
Teensy

https://docs.simplefoc.com/

exider

Re: Porting Arduino SimpleFOC Library ( library implements Field Oriented Control algorithm for BLDC and Stepper and mor

Post by exider » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Also does anyone know if "arduino-to-micropython-transcompiler" project from 2020.is usable? Would this help? I don't have access to mine main machine ( I am posting this from an android) so I've no way of testing it at the moment.