Sharp Memory Display with RP2040 - Pi Pico

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
pythoncoder

Re: Sharp Memory Display with RP2040 - Pi Pico

Post by pythoncoder » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:09 pm

The nano-gui and micro-gui libraries each have only one line creating an SPI instance. This is in their setup files which are tiny Python scripts defining the hardware. You typically have to modify these to define pins, SPI instance and choose the display driver. So all you need to do is (in this nano-gui example) change
this line to specify SoftSPI.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

ns3d

Post by ns3d » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:22 am

I just wanted to follow up on this, I've found a programmer who's helping me get the CP libraries working on this Pico 2040 running MicroPython. So far this has worked well, but I am still working to understand it's capabilities, including how it uses framebuf and fonts. As for SPI with LSB or MSB, we opted to use the CP library for the display/SPI that switches the digits, so we can use hardware SPI. I'll circle back and share more when it's working and I fully understand it.

a8ksh4

Post by a8ksh4 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi ns3d, have you made any headway on this? I'm out hunting for libraries to drive one of these displays in micropython on rp2040. :)