Can I use Commpy library in micropython?

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
gercha2

Can I use Commpy library in micropython?

Post by gercha2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 am

Hello everyone,

I plan to buy 2 micropython boards and implement Commpy library to create a communications system between each other. Micropython can support this library? and if so, Can I use a analog or digital GPIO without any external board?

I appreciate your help!
:idea:

dhylands

Re: Can I use Commpy library in micropython?

Post by dhylands » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Do you have a link to the compy library?

You can also use serial, and CAN., I use a half-duplex serial that allows multiple devices to sit on a single wire bus.

gercha2

Post by gercha2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Yes, http://veeresht.info/CommPy/

i am trying to implement a digital Communication protocol, by which I need to send more than 8 bits in every frame transmitted may be 1024 bits in every frame. I dont know if UART can works well with turbo coding or any other Error correcting code from Commpy library.

Can you give me a hint?

Kind regards,
Germán Ch.

Kelly Petersen

Post by Kelly Petersen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:40 am

I was able to work only with SQL Alchemy and get your database schema, but now probably have to work with Commpy addition, I`ll be glad to know how ...

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm

From a quick look at the docs Commpy looks like a complex library aimed at producing modulation signals for radio links. It depends on NumPy, SciPy and Matplotlib all of which are large libraries not ported to MicroPython. Microcontrollers require a different approach owing to their limited resources.

If you just want to communicate between two Pyboards the easy way is to use a UART. If you use the uasyncio library, UARTs can be accessed as stream devices like files. This makes communication quite simple.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.