uPyCraft(micropython IDE) released

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
2BECKHAM2

Re: uPyCraft(micropython IDE) released

Post by 2BECKHAM2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 am

I am running the latest version and found very easy and useful. working like charm.
Excellent keep up the good work team.

groot

Re: uPyCraft(micropython IDE) released

Post by groot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:38 pm

For people looking for a robust multi-platform IDE for Python, have a look at PyCharm.

The community edition is free and is more than enough if you don't use it for professional development of scientific or complex Web apps. There is now a micro-python plugin which provides the current functionality for working with pyboard, ESPxx and friends.

I'm not affiliated in any way with JetBrain, nor endorsed by them. I'm just a happy user of their products for years, both at work and for private projects (on Linux Mint systems in both cases). I have used the community edition for a while (even at work) before upgrading to the paid pro version (the pro-only features largely deserve the fee, which is around 60 Euros only for me now, since client for more than 3 years).

Disclaimer: forget about running it on a Raspberry however. But honestly, although I'm a deep enthusiast of the RPi since its very first version, who would seriously consider it as a SW dev station, apart for educational purpose ;) ?