MicropyCli - Automated Micropython Project Management

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
BradenM

MicropyCli - Automated Micropython Project Management

Post by BradenM » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 am

Micropy Cli is a project management/generation tool for writing Micropython code in modern IDEs such as VSCode.

Its primary goal is to automate the process of creating a workspace complete with:
  • Linting compatible with Micropython
  • VSCode Intellisense
  • Autocompletion
  • Dependency Management (WIP)
  • VCS Compatibility
Micropy can accomplish much of this thanks to Josverl's micropython-stubber. Using micropython-stubber, MicropyCli is able to automate stub creation and source premade stubs through micropy-stubs.

This has been a project I have been working on for a while now, and as I have just release v1.0.0, I feel its ready to be shared. If your interested, visit the git repo at https://github.com/BradenM/micropy-cli

Its currently available on PyPi:

Code: Select all

pip install --update micropy-cli

Christian

Re: MicropyCli - Automated Micropython Project Management

Post by Christian » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi @BradenM,
BradenM wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 am
This has been a project I have been working on for a while now, and as I have just release v1.0.0, I feel its ready to be shared.
while searching for a good integration of VSCode and MicroPython I found this article: https://lemariva.com/blog/2019/08/micro ... tellisense. Very promising!

After overcoming some initial difficulties - using Windows 10 and Anaconda - I managed to make it (nearly) run on my computer. Unfortunately the initialization ("micropy init") stops with an error messsage ("Failed to Create Stub Links").

Is there a special forum for support or may I ask here?

Thanks,

Christian