micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
pfalcon
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by pfalcon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I opened https://github.com/micropython/micropython-lib/issues/9 for this, will posts some ideas when I have time, and invite everyone to participate.

Turbinenreiter
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 am

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by Turbinenreiter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:43 pm

I participated with some naive ideas from user perspective.

jeffeb3
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by jeffeb3 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 pm

The micropython-lib looks to be very useful.

How do I get the libraries I need onto my micro python hardware? I'm assuming all this work for making this work with pip means I shouldn't have to just copy the files over, run them, see what dependencies I'm missing, and then copy over more files...

User avatar
kamikaze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am
Location: СССР
Contact:

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by kamikaze » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:33 pm

yes, is there any tutorial on how to get started with lib?

pfalcon
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by pfalcon » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:17 pm

jeffeb3 wrote: How do I get the libraries I need onto my micro python hardware? I'm assuming all this work for making this work with pip means I shouldn't have to just copy the files over, run them, see what dependencies I'm missing, and then copy over more files...
See http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=524

pfalcon
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by pfalcon » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:18 pm

kamikaze wrote:yes, is there any tutorial on how to get started with lib?
See MicroPython README, https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... /README.md, search for "upip".

User avatar
kamikaze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am
Location: СССР
Contact:

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by kamikaze » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:41 pm

pfalcon wrote:
kamikaze wrote:yes, is there any tutorial on how to get started with lib?
See MicroPython README, https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... /README.md, search for "upip".
ok, so this is supposed to be only for unix port, right?

pfalcon
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: micropython-lib - "distributed" uPython standard library

Post by pfalcon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Initial support for running upip on networked bare-metal ports is available: http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2544 . Each module in micropython-lib has is own requirements (some useful only for unix port, some universal, some require little memory, some more, some much).

Post Reply