MicroWebSrv2, new asynchronous Web server for MicroPython (+Routes +WebSockets +Template engine).

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
Hyperion

Re: MicroWebSrv2, new asynchronous Web server for MicroPython (+Routes +WebSockets +Template engine).

Post by Hyperion » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:11 pm

dhylands wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm
WHen I used it, I hd to make sure it was used as a frozen module.
Never done freezing before but always wanted to learn it. How do you freeze the whole folder though? Do I just have to put the whole folder into the modules directory before building?

Edit: Figured it out, server now started and I still have over 100kB of memory left 8-)

devnull

Re: MicroWebSrv2, new asynchronous Web server for MicroPython (+Routes +WebSockets +Template engine).

Post by devnull » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 am

Cant run this on SF6:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 5, in <module>
  File "MicroWebSrv2/microWebSrv2.py", line 221, in StartManaged
  File "MicroWebSrv2/microWebSrv2.py", line 213, in StartManaged
  File "MicroWebSrv2/microWebSrv2.py", line 184, in StartInPool
MicroWebSrv2Exception: Not enough memory to allocate slots.

Hyperion

Post by Hyperion » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:05 pm

How does sending response by a data stream work? I need to send a large file stored in another module back to a client, but I can read it through UART only by smaller chunks due to low available memory in the MPY board, so I think streaming it is my only option. I would like to send a packet after receiving 1024 bits through UART (stored in a bytearray), and only after the last packet is sent, I need to send the 200 OK response code.

The ReturnStream method needs to send a code so will it send only the first 1024-bit packet? How does it know to wait for another one? Btw I know the number of bits the file will have, before the UART transmission starts, if that helps.

rubenafonso

Post by rubenafonso » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:11 pm
Edit: Figured it out, server now started and I still have over 100kB of memory left 8-)
Hi,

I have the same memory problem when try to run it on ESP32. @Hyperion, can you tell what you did to overcome this problem? Did you use the frozen?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ruben

Hyperion

Post by Hyperion » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:53 pm

rubenafonso wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 pm
Hi,

I have the same memory problem when try to run it on ESP32. @Hyperion, can you tell what you did to overcome this problem? Did you use the frozen?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ruben
Hi, yeah I froze the whole module. Just look for tutorials on how to freeze a module, there are a plenty (I can't find the one I used last time, sorry). Let me know if you need any help!

Hyperion

Post by Hyperion » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Any convenient way to enable gzip compression for sending .gz files and non-zipped files only if the .gz files aren't found in the specified directory? I'm getting 404 on all requests for files that are present only as .gz

rubenafonso

Post by rubenafonso » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:53 pm
Hi, yeah I froze the whole module. Just look for tutorials on how to freeze a module, there are a plenty (I can't find the one I used last time, sorry). Let me know if you need any help!
Hi,

Thanks for your help! I was able to run the server with the frozen the module!

I followed the example of these links: https://learn.adafruit.com/micropython- ... en-modules
The dependencies are the MicoPython source (https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... orts/esp32) and the ESP32 toolchain (https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... setup.html).

I hope this could help others in the future.

Best regards,
Ruben Afonso.

seonr

Post by seonr » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:22 pm

I just started using this in a project - thanks heaps for making it jczic!

I'm trying to use a pyhtml file as a default page, but it's giving me a [403: forbidden] whenever it tries to serve it.

I have the PyhtmlTemplate module loaded and I'm adding the file as a default page before I start the server, but I can't get it to work.

Other non .pythml files are working as expected.

Is this supported?

Thanks,
Seon
Unexpected Maker

seonr

Post by seonr » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:29 am

Ok, I just found this issue:
https://github.com/jczic/MicroWebSrv2/issues/22

It states .pyhtml files are not processed for default pages. That's a real shame. I get I can manage the '/' route and do a redirect to it, but that's another slow page change running on a microcontroller.

Is there a specific reason it's not loaded before so it can be used on default pages? Is it a memory or performance constraint?

Thanks,
Seon
Unexpected Maker

ChrisB

Post by ChrisB » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi,

I am new to µPython and ESP32.
I tried to use MicroWebSrv2 but I get this error :
File "main.py", line 145, in <module>
File "MicroWebSrv2/microWebSrv2.py", line 136, in LoadModule
MicroWebSrv2Exception: Cannot load module "PyhtmlTemplate".
I am using uPyCraft and I can see the file in the mods directory.
I have no idea why it's not able to load it?

Thanks for your help

Chris