Won't wake up from Deep Sleep

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
williamhenrick

Re: Won't wake up from Deep Sleep

Post by williamhenrick » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:49 pm

dhust wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:26 pm
williamhenrick wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:56 am
Yeah thanks to open source stuff, now we have a lot more options, boards, revisions, vendors.
Unfortunately, this also leads to companies making boards with alternative parts to make things a bit less expensive at the cost of things not working properly, or companies not following specs and doing things slightly different.
Yeah and to avoid a bad product, you should first read reviews. When I select any module, I first read its reviews and then go for the purchase. There are also man comparison sites + forums. In short, a good homework can save you from big trouble.

dhust

Re: Won't wake up from Deep Sleep

Post by dhust » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:08 am

Yeah and to avoid a bad product, you should first read reviews. When I select any module, I first read its reviews and then go for the purchase. There are also man comparison sites + forums. In short, a good homework can save you from big trouble
Unfortunately, most items on Amazon don't talk about deep sleep let alone being able to come out of it. Same goes for AliExpress. Forums and comparison sites talk a lot about deep sleep but they don't always give real world deep sleep current values and they usually don't bring up if they come out of deep sleep. In general, I would say if someone is working with items like these then they probably do their due diligence on researching.