Error: power on the board.

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
Ajkim-TT

Error: power on the board.

Post by Ajkim-TT » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first project with ESP8266.

I'm working on the NodeMCU board and my code is running correctly.
The code has to connect the board to the router, display some information on an OLED screen and control the speed of two fans using PWM depending on a temperature value.
But when I load the main.py and power on or reset the board it never reaches the connection function, therefore it does not show the information on the screen either. UNLESS I remove the resistors at the PWM outputs, and one resistor coming from a buttont that using an interruption inverts the OLED, and reset again.
(Those pins are D5 and D6 for the PWM, and D7 for the button.)

Once connected to the router and showing the information I connect the resistors again and it works properly.

How can I fix this? I don't want to make this changes to the circuit every time the board reset. Thank you.

pythoncoder

Re: Error: power on the board.

Post by pythoncoder » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:00 am

This sounds like an electrical problem, but I doubt anyone will be able to help without more details of your circuit. I would check for voltage drops in the power supply chain and errors in the Gnd levels cause by currents in the wiring.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

davef

Post by davef » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:56 am

Maybe a "long-shot" but are you using UART2 as well?

Ajkim-TT

Post by Ajkim-TT » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Thank you for your answer. I'm just using I2C for the oled screen and the tempeture sensor. I really don't know how but it works now. Probably it was a connection error like pthoncoder says, because I start from zero with the same circuit again.