My Devices

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
sprinkfitter

My Devices

Post by sprinkfitter » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:11 pm

MyDevices Cayenne. Has anyone used this site as a LoT with a esp8266 with a mcp3008 to add analog reading to the esp8266. If not what other LoT supports this configuration. As usual thanks again for the help.   

sprinkfitter

Re: My Devices

Post by sprinkfitter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:59 pm

With all of the responses i take it this is not supported. I would hope soon the LoT online community would embrace Micropython on an esp8266 like they have with Arduino and others. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :D

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Pardon my ignorance but what is LoT? I drew a blank with Wikipedia and the Free Dictionary, and the WP entry for IoT seems to have no reference to it.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

sprinkfitter

Post by sprinkfitter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 pm

IoT = Internet of Things. Sorry very new to these things. I did some research and it looks like ThingSpeak will support Micro-Python. I say that and I have not tried it out yet. I hope to get my esp8266 working with it. "My Devices" is another IoT "Internet of Things" I have used with an Arduino but does not support the ESP8266 with Micro-Python. Thanks for the responds and as always thanks for all the help.. :)

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:17 am

I think you'll get a better response if you describe the problem you're trying to solve. If you specifically want to work with the website you cited, I guess nobody is using it. But if your problem is more generic people may be able to help.

In terms of general IoT stuff, I recommend looking into MQTT. I wrote some notes on it here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2239 with links to external resources. There are MQTT clients for smartphones and tablets and there are free public brokers so it's an easy and low cost way to get into IoT stuff.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

sprinkfitter

Post by sprinkfitter » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Thank You for your kindly advice. I check out your link and it was very useful. Sometimes it is very difficult to tell someone or a group what I am doing when I have no idea what I am doing. But I can say every day I wake up it is a learning experience dealing with these little devices. Thanks again for all the help... Keep them cards and letters coming. Hopefully one day I will find out what I am doing..

Ray