Including custom boot.py in firmware

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
digicosmos

Including custom boot.py in firmware

Post by digicosmos » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:29 am

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build the micropython firmware for the ESP8266. I put all custom library files in micropython/ports/esp8266/modules folder. I have also written a boot.py, which I put in the micropython/ports/esp8266/scripts folder. This used to for me in the past, but it won't now. In the firmware that I built, I only have a default boot.py. The custom libraries are all working though. Is micropython/ports/esp8266/scripts folder the correct place to put boot.py and all other files that I would like to include in the file system of the firmware?

Thank you all!

cefn

Re: Including custom boot.py in firmware

Post by cefn » Sun May 06, 2018 7:14 am

Have a feeling the 'scripts' folder was retired in favour of 'modules' some time ago, where if I recall, previously there was a differentiation between scripts baked in as .py, and modules baked in as .mpy. I guess there wasn't much point. At least the repo no longer has a scripts folder.

https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... ts/esp8266

Anyone confirm the details? I couldn't find the discussion which referred to it.

Anyway, try putting it in 'modules' instead as a workaround until someone authoritative can weigh in.