Guide Specifically for MicroPython on the ESP8266

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
bitninja

Guide Specifically for MicroPython on the ESP8266

Post by bitninja » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:18 pm

I wanted to gauge the interest in a resource specifically dedicated to the ESP8266 running MicroPython. I have found a particular affinity for these cheap little chips and would like to see how far and how functional we can go with them using MicroPython. Sure the ESP32 port(s) are coming along nicely, but I still believe that there are plenty of really cool and interesting uses for the ESP8266.

I'm not even really sure what kind of media I would use for such a resource... a wiki, blog posts, posted articles, website... but I am flexible depending on the needs. My intention is not to steal any thunder from this forum, but rather see if there are enough of us using similar hardware, solving similar problems... to warrant some collecting of the useful solutions.

This will not be a manual rehash, but practical examples of how to accomplish common tasks. Detailed information on techniques and patterns useful for the ESP8266.

Would anybody be interested in such a resource?

Joe

fos

Re: Guide Specifically for MicroPython on the ESP8266

Post by fos » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:29 pm

I would be interested and in a digital format such as epub / Kindle.

There are a couple of texts already available. You could review them and see if your version might be more focused.

Thanks,
Jeff