problem with Wemos D1 mini

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
Phạm Cảnh An Tiên

problem with Wemos D1 mini

Post by Phạm Cảnh An Tiên » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:26 am

hi guys,

I try to connect serial Wemos D1 mini with Coolterm but while I start connect and press reset button, the window of Coolterm displays as below

slpónà....ƒ.d......c.nă|.́Œdd„.cŒûooç.dŒŽl`.˜..oo.l`...o{““g..›.d`.xógà....sŒœœăà....c.gă|.dd..ŽcŒûonç...l`...gg.l`...ns‡’’o..ƒ.œ.dpûoà....rŒœœăà.Žs€.c.oă|.́....c„óggï...d`.˜..oo.d`...o{›“n..‚Œ.l.s“’g..ƒ„Ž.d.ü€.lœŸ|₫ƒ.r{oc„.ĺ...b́l.ć„œœăă.Œ..c.l{d„ậ“x.ƒno€l.ll...lŽć.....l`.sl.dœž|.Œlà|....Œ.lä.b|‡ƒ.́.›s“cŒ.cŒûnnžlgoœắ.b.xŒ‡lslrlx̣gà....ƒ.l......c.oâ|.ä„llŒ.c„óngï.lŒd`...ng.l`...ns‡’’o..“.l`.pûoà....rŒœœăà....c.oă|.ll..c„óggï...d`.˜..oo.d`...g{›“n..‚.œ.lpógà....{„œœăà.‡r€.b.gă|.́....cŒûooç...l`...ng.l`...nsŽ“’g..ƒ„.d.r››o..ƒŒ‡.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.r{ocŒ.ĺ...b́l.ć„œœăă.Œ..c.l{d„âû“x.ƒno€l.ll...l‡ć.....l`.sl.dœž|.Œlà|....Œ.lä.b|‡‚.́.›s“cŒ.c„óngžlooœắ.c.xŒ‡lslrdx̣gà....ƒ.l......c.oâ|.äŒllŒ.c„óngï.lŒd`...gg.l`...ns‡’’o..“.l`.pûoà....rŒœœăà....c.oă|.ll..c„óggï...d`.˜..oo.d`...o{›“n..‚.œ.lpógà....s„œœăà.‡{€.b.gă|.́....cŒûooç...l`...ng.l`...ns‡“’o..ƒ„Ž.d.{››n..‚Œ‡.l.ü€.dœž|ÿ‚.{{nbŽŒ.lä...ćl.cä„œœăă.Œ..b.ŽlslŒăû’p.ƒgn€l.dd...l‡cä.....l`.sl.lœŸ|.„là|....Œ.dä.c|‡ƒ.ä.“s’bŒ.c„óggŸlooœăä.c.pŒdrl{dxûoà....‚.l......c.oă|.́ŒllŒ.bŒóggî.d„l`...go.d`...gr››o..“.l`.pónà....{„œœăà....c.nă|.ll..bŒ̣ooî...l`...on.l`...o{Ž““g..ƒ.œ.lx̣gà....sŒœœâà.{€.c.oâ|.ä....cŒûnnï...l`...gg.l`...gs‡’›o..ƒŒ‡.l.{““g..ƒŒ.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.srgc‡„.ĺ...cäd.ćŒœœăâ.Œ..c.drdŒăó“p.ƒog€d.ll...dć‡.....l`.{l.lœŸ|.Œdà|....Œ.ĺ.c|Žƒ.́.›{›cŒ.cŒûooŸlggœấ.c.pŒŽl{lslpógà....ƒ.l......b.gă|.́„ddŒ.cŒûonç.lŒ‡l`...on.l`...osŽ““g..›.d`.x̣oà....sŒœœâà....c.oâ|.dl..‡c„óngï...l`...gg.d`...gr‡››o..ƒ.œ.lpûnà....{„œœăà.‡s€.c.nă|.́....bŒ̣goî...l`.˜..on.l`...o{““g..ƒ„.l.s’›o..ƒŒŽ.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.srgc‡„.ĺ...cäd.ćŒœœăâ.Œ..c.drdŒăó“p.ƒog€d.ll...dć‡.....l`.{d.lœŸ|.Œdà|....Œ.ĺ.c|Žƒ.́.›{›c„.cŒûooŸlggœấ.c.pŒŽl{lslpógà....ƒ.l......b.gă|.́„ddŒ.cŒûonç.lŒ‡l`...on.l`...osŽ““g..›.d`.x̣gà....sŒœœâà....c.oâ|.dl..‡c„ónnï...l`...gg.d`...gr‡››o..ƒ.œ.lpûnà....{„œœăà.‡s€.c.nă|.́....bŒ̣goî...l`.˜..oo.l`...o{““g..ƒ„.l.s’›o..ƒŒŽ.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.srgc‡„.d́...cäd.ćŒœœăâ.Œ..c.drlŒăó“p.ƒog€d.ll...dć‡.....l`.{d.lœŸ|.Œdà|....Œ.ĺ.c|Žƒ.́.›{›c„.cŒûooŸlggœấ.c.pŒŽl{lslpógà....ƒ.l......b.gă|.́„ddŒ.cŒûonç.lŒ‡l`...on.l`...o{Ž““g..›.d`.x̣gà....sŒœœâà....c.oâ|.dl..‡c„ûnnï...l`...gg.l`...gr‡’›o..ƒ.œ.lpûoà....{Œœœăà.Žs€.c.nă|.́....bŒ̣goî...l`.˜..oo.l`...o{““g..ƒ„.l.s’›o..ƒŒŽ.d.ü€.lœŸ|₫ƒ.sroc„.ĺ...cäl.ćŒœœăâ.Œ..c.drd„ặ“x.ƒoo€l.ll...dŽć‡.....l`.{l.dœŸ|.Œdà|....Œ.ĺ.c|Žƒ.́.›{“cŒ.cŒûonŸlggœấ.b.xŒ‡lslslpógà....ƒ.l......b.gă|.ä„dlŒ.cŒûnnï.lŒ‡l`...nn.l`...osŽ“’g..›.l`.x̣oà....sŒœœâà....c.oă|.dl..‡c„óngï...d`...go.d`...gr››o..ƒ.œ.lpónà....{„œœăà.‡r€.c.nă|.́....cŒ̣ooç...l`...on.l`...osŽ““g..ƒ„.d.r’›o..ƒŒ‡.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.r{ocŒ.ĺ...b́l.ć„œœăă.Œ..c.l{d„âû“x.ƒno€l.ld...l‡ć.....l`.sl.dœž|.Œlà|....Œ.lä.b|‡‚.́.“s“cŒ.c„óngžlooœắ.c.xŒ‡lslrdx̣oà....ƒ.l......c.oâ|.äŒllŒ.c„óggï.lŒd`...gg.l`...ns‡’›o..“.l`.pûoà....rŒœœăà....c.oă|.ll..b„óggî...d`.˜..oo.d`...o{›“n..‚.œ.lpógà....s„œœăà.‡{€.b.gă|.ä....cŒûooç...l`...ng.l`...ns‡“’o..ƒ„Ž.d.{››n..‚Œ‡.l.ü€.dœž|ÿ‚.{snbŽŒ.lä...ćl.c䌜œăă.„..b.‡lslŒăû›p.ƒgn€l.dd...l‡cäŽ.....l`.sl.lœŸ|.„là|....Œ.dä.c|ƒ.ä.“s’bŒ.c„óggŸlonœăä.c.pŒdrd{dpûoà....‚.l......c.oă|.́Œll„.bŒógoî.d„l`...go.d`...gr››o..“.l`.pónà....{„œœăà....c.nă|.ll..cŒ̣ooç...l`...on.l`...osŽ““g..ƒ.œ.dx̣gà....sŒœœâà.{€.c.oâ|.ä....c„ónnï...l`...gg.d`...gr‡››o..ƒŒ‡.l.{““g..ƒ„.l.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.ssgc‡„.d́...cäd.ćŒœœăâ.Œ..c.drlŒăó“p.ƒog€d.ll...dć‡.....d`.{d.lœŸ|.Œdà|....Œ.ĺ.c|ƒ.́.›{›c„.cŒûooŸdggœấ.c.pŒŽl{lslpógà....ƒ.d......b.gă|.́„ddŒ.cŒûooç.lŒ‡l`...on.l`...o{Ž““g..›.d`.x̣gà....sŒœœâà....c.oâ|.dd..‡cŒûnnï...l`...gg.l`...gs‡’›o..ƒ.œ.lpûoà....{Œœœăà.Žs€.c.nă|.́....bŒógoî...d`.˜..oo.l`...o{““g..ƒŒ.l.s’’o..ƒŒŽ.d.ü€.lœŸ|ÿƒ.r{ocŒ.ĺ...b́l.ć„œœăă.Œ..c.l{d„âû“x.ƒno€l.ll...lŽć.....l`.sl.dœž|.Œlà|....Œ.lä.b|‡‚.́.›

Besides, led on Wemos D1 mini blinks permanently.

Could anyone help me?

thanks

Roberthh

Re: problem with Wemos D1 mini

Post by Roberthh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 pm

During boot, the device send data at a different baud rate, like 76800 baud. You can set PuTTY Windows to that baud rate. But that gibberish phase should be short. If it goes on and on, the maybe the firmware image is missing. Butt looking at the messages might help.

Phạm Cảnh An Tiên

Post by Phạm Cảnh An Tiên » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank for your help, actually I flash this Wemos with baudrate 115200 and my Coolterm or PuTTY also set 115200. I also try with others baudrate and receive the same problem.

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 pm

How did you flash the device?

Phạm Cảnh An Tiên

Post by Phạm Cảnh An Tiên » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:49 pm

I follow this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU1wdHwIlQ

The device is flashed by NODEMCU Firmware programmer

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Sorry, I'm more the reading than the video person. Which command did you use to flash the firmware? It must use the program esptool.py.

Phạm Cảnh An Tiên

Post by Phạm Cảnh An Tiên » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:53 pm

I download firmware from micropython.org and flash by ESP8266Flasher (NODEMCU FIRMWARE PROGRAMMER)
Do you have other tutorial to use micropython for Wenos D1 mini

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:11 pm

You can use esptool.py from the command line:
esptool.py --port <PORT> --baud 115200 write_flash --verify --flash_size=4MB --flash_mode=qio 0 <image_file>

flash_mode may also be dio.
esptool.py is e.g. at: https://github.com/espressif/esptool/bl ... esptool.py

Phạm Cảnh An Tiên

Post by Phạm Cảnh An Tiên » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Which IDE I can use?

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:36 pm

For image flashing? No IDE
For using Python on the ESP8266: There is no dedicated IDE. Some people use pycharm. Other prefer more a command line version like rshell. To some extend, the pymakr plugin for Atom or VSC of Pycom may work.
Did you manage to install the firmware and get you device running?