microwave sensors (rcwl-0516)

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
fangis

microwave sensors (rcwl-0516)

Post by fangis » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:29 am

Has anyone played with one of these?
They seem quite interesting, looks like they can see through walls.
https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmo ... dar-Sensor
The connection sensor-d1 mini seems easy, GND to GND, VIN to 5V, and OUT to D1. When a motion is detected, OUT sends a 3.3 voltage to d1 to trigger the gpio.
Wouldnt it be better to connect OUT to D4 which is the d1 mini's main LED?

johncblacker

Re: microwave sensors (rcwl-0516)

Post by johncblacker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

There's no reason this shouldn't work as all it does is send a "high" or "low" signal to a pin on the mp board. I'm going to try to integrate
the rcwl-0516 with my esp32-cam code. My goal is to have the rcwl-0516 send a signal to the program when a person comes into view and trigger the esp32-cam to take a picture. Also, I want to send that picture to my ipad view sms or ifttt or maybe mqtt...
In essence I'm trying to build my own intrusion detection system with the boards I have on hand. I already have the esp32-cam working with micropython thanks to some work done by lemariva so it shouldn't be too difficult to get the rest working as well. As far as the rcwl-0516, it doesn't require any drivers to work, it's just a simple "on/off" signal device like a PIR sensor, so any programs using the PIR sensor and micropython or circuitpython should work fine with it.