[SOLVED]Issues running on ESP8266MOD(NODEMCU board)

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
dps

Re: [SOLVED]Issues running on ESP8266MOD(NODEMCU board)

Post by dps » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:55 am

well, it looks like i was wrong about that too. I just created a new venv and didnt switch to its directory, and installed esptool via `pip3 install esptool`, and in another term i couldnt find it on my system (except for of course in venv, and in the terminal that was activated with the specific venv).

Is there some specific way that youre supposed to install packages that you want to only be installed in your venv?

MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:09 am

dps wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:55 am
Is there some specific way that youre supposed to install packages that you want to only be installed in your venv?
pip is supposed to work only on your currently active venv. So if you install something via pip while active in one venv, those changes will show up in another "terminal" that is active in the same venv.

MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:12 am

It is really all about directory structures and environment variables.

dps

Post by dps » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:16 am

right! thank you.

now im trying to figure out why i cant use idle in the venv. Ive tried looking for an answer through google, but the answer that i keep finding is to do `python -m idlelib` in the venv, but when i do it i get this error:

Code: Select all

/home/dps/.venv/testing/bin/python: No module named idlelib
i apologize if im sounding very plebbish. I am extremely new to programming, and i just recently started my journey with Linux about 6 months ago and have been trying to learn this all at once haha. but i feel like i should understand HOW to use it on a system, instead of just learning how to program.