Some funny programs for micro:bit

Questions and discussion about running MicroPython on a micro:bit board.
Target audience: MicroPython users with a micro:bit.
Ufian

Some funny programs for micro:bit

Post by Ufian » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello!

EuroPython conference was finished week ago. My colleague and me made some funny programs for micro:bit which would show "what children can do with micro:bit in future".

You can get this programs from github https://github.com/ufian/MicroBitFun

I'm going to clean up code and write comments in the nearest future. Feel free to ask me any questions.

deshipu

Re: Some funny programs for micro:bit

Post by deshipu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 am

This is great. I wonder if it would make sense to add a Micro:Bit section to the Boards on this forum.

Linker3000

Post by Linker3000 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:15 am

> I wonder if it would make sense to add a Micro:Bit section to the Boards on this forum.

That's exactly why I came here. How can we make this happen?

torwag

Post by torwag » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:39 pm

By asking nicely ? ;)

Well, Damien would have to decide. In general we have the policy that we create new sections if there is a need for it, means if they are enough posts to justify a new section on its own. I can see this for micro:bit. Thus, if Damien agree I could create a new section.

Barrowman

Post by Barrowman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:39 am

Well I have just started to use the micro:bit and have been around computers for many years. I think that teachers might not be in that position so would be looking for fairly direct support and not looking for an 'Other boards' but rather a micro:bit forum. It would be good to give them support and so be encouraging the children to take more interest. Maybe then the micro:bit web site could put up a link to it.
So please Damien could micro:bit have it's own section?