I have a problem with an ESP32 Pico D4. It’s an application that should be run 24/7/365... The problem: after a few days the esp freeze.
ESP32 Pico D4 on custom PCB
Micropython (commit 7c51cb2307eaca1a1ccc071e0bb5eb4a5f734610 (HEAD -> master, tag: v1.16)) with custom build firmware with some frozen modules
The ESP32 freeze sometimes (after a few days – between 20 to 40 days) without any error message. If I made a softreset over UART, the esp32 boots and everything works fine. The internal timer (RTC) runs all the time, so I think it’s not a problem with the hardware.
Things I have already done:
- Check power supply - > looks very clean
- Implement WDT -> does not triggered if frozen
- Activate GC with dynamic threshold
Code: Select all
gc.threshold(gc.mem_free() // 4 + gc.mem_alloc())
Things in progress:
- I have connected four esps with different operating modes and observing whether the problem occurs with all of them
- After the test above I will run a clean firmware from the micropython website, only with a small blinky app and then see what happens…
Since it takes a long time for the error to occur, I wanted to ask you what else I can do.
I would be grateful for a tip