Could I ask a small favor? Test the official MicroPython Bluetooth example code for me please

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
BetterAutomations

Could I ask a small favor? Test the official MicroPython Bluetooth example code for me please

Post by BetterAutomations » Tue May 11, 2021 3:11 am

I can't get any of these to work for longer than a second, and I suspect the problem may be my hardware. Made no modifications, just downloaded the code provided by the uPy programmers themselves to a freshly-erased ESP-WROOM-32 running 1.15 and attempted to run it. I am using the LightBlue app. I sometimes briefly see my devices but that disappears quickly.

If it works for you and not me, it's probably my hardware. Though I've tried it on two different devices, connecting to two different phones (both Android and iPhone) and these phones can connect to a Raspberry Pi implementation of a BLE server I wrote, no problem.

Purty-please do this for me:
1.) Install any of the below demo scripts
2.) import ble_demo_script
3.) ble_demo_script.demo()
4.) Install LightBlue on your phone, either Android or iOS, it's free
5.) Connect
6.) Screenshot what you see in LightBlue

This is official code, I'm not asking you to run any funny business :D
https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... /bluetooth

BetterAutomations

Re: Could I ask a small favor? Test the official MicroPython Bluetooth example code for me please

Post by BetterAutomations » Tue May 11, 2021 10:06 pm

Confirmed, it was my hardware. Installed it on a brand-new ESP32-DevKitC-VIE and it worked.

Now--that device has 4MB RAM where my others had 512KB, would that cause BLE not to work? Or is it that both of my 512KB devices had failed in the same way?

BetterAutomations

Re: Could I ask a small favor? Test the official MicroPython Bluetooth example code for me please

Post by BetterAutomations » Wed May 12, 2021 10:29 am

Just bought more 512KB devices, they're on the slow boat from China. If this works it'll save money when I go to sell my product, so I want to test it on two fresh chips.