MicroPython on ESP32 with SPIRAM support

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
devnull

Re: MicroPython on ESP32 with SPIRAM support

Post by devnull » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 am

@loboris - Thanks, also found another way:

WROVER

Code: Select all

espefuse.py -p $slab summary | grep CHIP_
CHIP_VERSION           Chip version                                  = 8 R/W (0x8)
CHIP_PACKAGE           Chip package identifier                       = 0 R/W (0x0)
WROOM

Code: Select all

espefuse.py -p $slab summary | grep CHIP_
CHIP_VERSION           Chip version                                  = 0 R/W (0x0)
CHIP_PACKAGE           Chip package identifier                       = 0 R/W (0x0)
From what I understand, CHIP_VERSION 0x8 is revision 1 and 0x0 is revision 0, so the WROVER is rev:1 and the WROOM is rev:0

Wessix

Post by Wessix » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Is there also a ready to use binary i can flash with esp32 tool? atm i'm working only under windows and not that firm with the whole build process.
I'd like to try your port cause of the ssh or ftp feature. Would make editing files remotely more easy.

ttmetro

Post by ttmetro » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Is there also a ready to use binary i can flash with esp32 tool? atm i'm working only under windows and not that firm with the whole build process.
More than you are asking for, but it does include a compiled binary: https://github.com/bboser/IoT49.
The compiled firmware is here: https://github.com/bboser/IoT49/tree/ma ... mware/dist
Bernhard Boser

mattyt

Post by mattyt » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Heya @loboris, you probably already know but the original Micropython ESP32 fork has been merged upstream so it's now in the ports directory of Micropython.

I'm not sure if this affects you - I know that you're not technically a fork - but just thought I'd mention it anyway...I have a goal to merge some of your repo upstream too so the close you're able to stay to it the better in my opinion. :)

loboris

Post by loboris » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 pm

@mattyt

Thanks, I'm following the MicroPython repository and I'm trying to update the MicroPython base regulary.
I'm also updating the ESP32 related code whenever it is better then one in my implementation.

devnull

Post by devnull » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Loboris;

I notice that there have been no updates for 6 weeks, is this project now dormant ?

There were several things that you promised to be added in the next release in November, but it looks like that release never happened.

It would be good to know your roadmap for this project and whether it has a future ?

Many Thanks

loboris

Post by loboris » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm

I've been quite busy during the last month, but I've been working on MicroPython, I hope I'll be able to push the big "New Year" update next week.

There are many changes, improvements and new modules, like OTA update (and option to select 1, 2 or 3 partitions structure), completely refactored adc module with calibrated readings, refactored timer module with new timer types (chrono, 8 aditional timers, better callback handling,...), neopixel update with RGBW support added, new 1-wire and DS18x20 modules based on RMT peripheral, improvements in _thread module, some added functions in machine module, mDNS module added, updated spiffs driver, updated spi and display modules, refactored BUILD.sh script with more build options, etc.

I'm also trying to write the documentation for all the included modules and features.

Sorry for the delay.

EasyRider

Post by EasyRider » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Hvala Borislav,

Little bit of beer money added to your paypal account for the festive season.
Thank you for great work and please keep it up.

OutoftheBOTS_

Post by OutoftheBOTS_ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 am

My new ESP32 WROVER board juts showed up made by LOLIN with 4MB psRAM and 4bit SD card.

I just discovered this thread and am still reading though it but am very impressed by what I am reading and noticed that previous donated to your paypal account and I would like to do the same as you have put so much work in. Can I get details please :)

devnull

Post by devnull » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 am

@loboris

Thanks, it is great to know that the project is still active, you've done a great job.

But one of the things I have been waiting for is SPI Slave:
loboris wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:41 pm
I2C slave is supported in esp-idf.
I'm planning to add hardware I2C slave support in my Micropython port the next month.
Hopefully this is in the pipeline ?