Wifi Access Mode not working

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
nileshv

Wifi Access Mode not working

Post by nileshv » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:28 am

We are trying to put ESP32 in Access Point Mode and acquire SSID and Password of Router as input from Mobile device which will be connected to this access point. Following code is used for activating the Access Mode

import network
ap = network.WLAN(network.AP_IF)
ap.active(True)
ap.config(essid='ESP32-PICO-CNX')
ap.config(authmode=3, password='password')

But it is not working properly. Sometimes Access Point is visible in Mobiles Wi-fi List some times it is not. When it is visible and we select the Access Point and click connect on mobile and provide (correct) password, we see the status as 'saved' and not 'connect' and also we are not able to send / receive data to esp32.

On some research found that micropythons library is buggy and we can do it properly using Arduino IDE. We intend to use micrp python for our development, but this issue is bugging us and hampering our way forward.

Kindly enlighten us with a solution to this issue...

Capstan

Re: Wifi Access Mode not working

Post by Capstan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:00 am

It has been working for me last time I checked (maybe a month ago). I am using an Android phone, the ESP32 AP shows up in the list of visible devices. I can connect to it and serve up a webpage. The only catch is that I get a message saying the access point doesn't have an internet connection (which it doesn't). I have to acknowledge that in order to connect, otherwise it won't.