Micropython command for ESP32 descriptions

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
ajocius

Micropython command for ESP32 descriptions

Post by ajocius » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Where can I see list of commands and description of them, that can be used for ESP32 in micropython? Currently I am finding examples online and try to interpret, understand them. But there should be complete list somewhere I presume? For example, code example to read temperature sensor imports senor library with "from dht import DHT22" . I would like to understand what other sensors can I use and what should I import to my code, how to read values of the sensors, etc?

pythoncoder

Re: Micropython command for ESP32 descriptions

Post by pythoncoder » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm

help('modules') will list any precompiled modules. But there are numerous device drivers which have been written by users. Usually installing these is simply a matter of copying the right files into the device's filesystem. Try searching this forum for a driver for the device you want to use and also look in the Wiki.

Not all are suitable for ESPx. If a driver uses the pyb module it is designed for the Pyboard.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

OutoftheBOTS_

Post by OutoftheBOTS_ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm

There isn't really any docs for the ESP32 port and it is suggested tpo use the docs from the ESP8266 port. Laboris has written docs for any features he has added above the normal port in his wiki for his port of MP for ESP32

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 am

Indeed. I'm of the view that the Loboris fork is the one to use. It's under much more active development.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.