SDcard in SPI mode using Loboris port?

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
con3

Re: SDcard in SPI mode using Loboris port?

Post by con3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:16 pm

liudr

Post by liudr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 am

Thanks con3.

I read that thread and tried internal pullup resistors (I already have external pullups) and that didn't work. So I started my own thread on lobo forum and worked out the problem to be the latest lobo firmware has a higher SPI speed than my board can take. I fell back to an earlier version that I happen to have saved back in March and it worked. I don't know the SPI speed for the March firmware but that must have been slow enough. At a default speed of 20MHz, maybe the multiplexer on ESP32 is not able to handle or my traces have one too many vias or I should have matched impedance on the traces etc.

Anyway, Lobo is making an update to include an SPI speed parameter in sdconfig(). Here is my thread:

https://loboris.eu/forum/showthread.php?tid=216

Hope anyone reading this find the information useful.

con3

Post by con3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am

hi liudr,

Glad you got it sorted!

Can't you change the speed on the SPI lines by changing the SPI baud rate to fit your required speed?

liudr

Post by liudr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:23 pm

con3 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am
hi liudr,

Glad you got it sorted!

Can't you change the speed on the SPI lines by changing the SPI baud rate to fit your required speed?
Not sure where that SPI speed setting is. I could have if I knew a bit more about how they created the whole MicroPython ecosystem.