Problem compiling micropython for TTGO (ESP32 + Lora)

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
fandres

Problem compiling micropython for TTGO (ESP32 + Lora)

Post by fandres » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi I'm trying to compile Micropython for development board OGTT
I have the following error:
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/include/esp_flash_partitions.h:25:36: error: 'CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)

makefile:
ESPIDF = $(HOME)/esp-idf/
PORT = /dev/ttyUSB0
FLASH_MODE = dio
FLASH_SIZE = 4MB
#CROSS_COMPILE = xtensa-esp32-elf-

include Makefile

xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/vagrant/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../libexec/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: xtensa-esp32-elf
Configured with: /home/ivan/e/crosstool-NG/.build/src/gcc-5.2.0/configure --build=x86_64-build_pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: single
gcc version 5.2.0 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-61-gab8375a)

Thank you, have a nice day
Last edited by fandres on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fandres

Re: Problem compiling micropython for TTGO (ESP32 + Lora)

Post by fandres » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 pm

CC /home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_clock.c
CC /home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c
CC /home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_flash.c
CC /home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_init.c
In file included from /home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c:26:0:
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c: In function 'bootloader_common_erase_part_type_data':
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/include/esp_flash_partitions.h:25:36: error: 'CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)
#define ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET /* Offset of partition table. Backwards-compatible name.*/
^
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c:115:34: note: in expansion of macro 'ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET'
partitions = bootloader_mmap(ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET, ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_MAX_LEN);
^
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/include/esp_flash_partitions.h:25:36: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
#define ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET /* Offset of partition table. Backwards-compatible name.*/
^
/home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c:115:34: note: in expansion of macro 'ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET'
partitions = bootloader_mmap(ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET, ESP_PARTITION_TABLE_MAX_LEN);
^
make: *** [build/bootloader//home/vagrant/esp-idf//components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

yeyeto2788

Post by yeyeto2788 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm

@fandres I also have a TTGO (specifically a TTGO TM 2.4 inch) right now in the mean time I'm using binaries from https://github.com/loboris/MicroPython_ESP32_psRAM_LoBo which seems to be working properly.

The only bad thing is that documentation from TTGO is not as they said, I have encounter some issues on their documentation but no answer from them yet.

I encourage you to use those binaries from @loboris.

P.D I know this does not solve your problem but it could at least help you out to try micro python on the TTGO board.

fandres

Post by fandres » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello Friend,
Download the .bin from the micropython website (for ESP32), it works. although my idea is to compile MicroPython with the driver of https://github.com/rcludwick/Lora_drive ... on_on_ttgo
I'll try with what you say, Thank you

fandres

Post by fandres » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 pm

The problem is given by not using the correct version of the ESP IDF.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:52 pm

When you run make from within the ports/esp32 directory you might get a message like this:

Code: Select all

536 >make
Use make V=1 or set BUILD_VERBOSE in your environment to increase build verbosity.
** WARNING **
The git hash of ESP IDF does not match the supported version
The build may complete and the firmware may work but it is not guaranteed
ESP IDF path:       /home/dhylands/esp/esp-idf
Current git hash:   a3c43251b4b37bc3ec105a10f2e1413b14420da3
Supported git hash: 9a55b42f0841b3d38a61089b1dda4bf28135decd
CC /home/dhylands/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c
In file included from /home/dhylands/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c:26:0:
/home/dhylands/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/src/bootloader_common.c: In function 'bootloader_common_erase_part_type_data':
/home/dhylands/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/include/esp_flash_partitions.h:25:36: error: 'CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)
The line that says "Supported hit hash" is the correct hash to use.

Code: Select all

git checkout 9a55b42f0841b3d38a61089b1dda4bf28135decd
git submodule update --init --recursive
and following the rest of the instructions on the ports/esp32/README.md file, you should get a build.