wifi: bcn_timout,ap_probe_send_start

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
MorseIot

wifi: bcn_timout,ap_probe_send_start

Post by MorseIot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:49 pm

after some runtime code, socket, I get the following wifi error: bcn_timout, ap_probe_send_start, locking the ESP-32 also happens on the ESP-8266.

Is there a fix for this problem ???

Thanks

pythoncoder

Re: wifi: bcn_timout,ap_probe_send_start

Post by pythoncoder » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 am

Weird errors on ESPx usually come from several sources. One is failing to close sockets when they are no longer used: you need to ensure this always happens, through every code path.

Secondly internal buffers can overflow. This can happen if one peer puts data into a socket and the other fails to remove it.

Lastly, and this is a major issue, WiFi can suffer outages caused by radio frequency interference or otherwise. The detection of these is non-trivial and can lead to buffer overflows. You might like to read my notes on this subject here.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

MorseIot

Re: wifi: bcn_timout,ap_probe_send_start

Post by MorseIot » Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 pm

pythoncoder wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 am
Weird errors on ESPx usually come from several sources. One is failing to close sockets when they are no longer used: you need to ensure this always happens, through every code path.

Secondly internal buffers can overflow. This can happen if one peer puts data into a socket and the other fails to remove it.

Lastly, and this is a major issue, WiFi can suffer outages caused by radio frequency interference or otherwise. The detection of these is non-trivial and can lead to buffer overflows. You might like to read my notes on this subject here.
Ok

Thanks