How do I build with bluetooth classic + bluedroid support?

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
aroldorosenberg

How do I build with bluetooth classic + bluedroid support?

Post by aroldorosenberg » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm

I'm trying to do something similar to what I've done with the NodeMCU lua interpreter, namely to accept input from the bluetooth interface running with the spp profile.

This was pretty simple for the lua interpreter, just a matter of running make menuconfig and enabling the relevant options and I managed to get it done within 1-2 nights, but I haven't managed to get anything done on the micropython firmware 1) because there's no menuconfig build target 2) I can't figure out how to solve all the linker errors that come up when I try to add the relevant lines to the makefile. No luck either with the loboris fork with psRAM for similar reasons (the menuconfig is there, but the option to enable bluetooth controller is not). It's almost as if it's not meant to be modified like NodeMCU is, even though they run on the same hardware, and are built against the same esp-idf.

Is there a simple way to do this that I'm overlooking?

aroldorosenberg

Re: How do I build with bluetooth classic + bluedroid support?

Post by aroldorosenberg » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Update: give up on micropython altogether. Instead I started working on my own virtual machine that takes pre-compiled code. It works. I wonder if the same can be done for Micropython, since it just runs bytecode as well.