bluetooth esp32

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
lucahsudson

bluetooth esp32

Post by lucahsudson » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi! Im trying to use the bluetooth that already exists in esp32 dev kit's board, but I was not able to find the package to make that work. I dont find any specific package to use, just from machine import UART, but i dont think that will happen, i dont even know wich Tx/Rx the ble is connected, and if I have to active it to use, or if is already on. Can anybody please help me with the package in micropython to use the esp32's ble?

jimmo

Re: bluetooth esp32

Post by jimmo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:35 am

lucahsudson wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:54 pm
Hi! Im trying to use the bluetooth that already exists in esp32 dev kit's board, but I was not able to find the package to make that work. I dont find any specific package to use, just from machine import UART, but i dont think that will happen, i dont even know wich Tx/Rx the ble is connected, and if I have to active it to use, or if is already on. Can anybody please help me with the package in micropython to use the esp32's ble?
The BLE in the ESP32 is internal, they have what's called a "VHCI" (virtual HCI) rather than a UART for HCI.

You pretty much have to use the IDF's BT stack (either via BlueDroid or NimBLE). From MicroPython we provide bindings to the IDF's version of NimBLE -- see https://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/ ... tooth.html