GSoD

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
khabdrick

GSoD

Post by khabdrick » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 pm

Will micropython be participating in GSoD

mattyt

Re: GSoD

Post by mattyt » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 am

We intend to apply, yes. We can hopefully leverage our proposal from 2020.

I was going to update the proposal but if you - or anyone else! - are motivated to be involved please let me know. Jim and I were mentors last year and it would be great if we could share the load around the community.

khabdrick

Post by khabdrick » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:30 pm

:D :D Yeah I am interested, but I was planning to apply as a student, but if there's anyway I can help, just let me know

khabdrick

Post by khabdrick » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:59 pm

mattyt wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 am

I was going to update the proposal but if you - or anyone else! - are motivated to be involved please let me know. Jim and I were mentors last year and it would be great if we could share the load around the community.
yeah

khabdrick

Post by khabdrick » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:28 am

mattyt wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 am

March 26 is the deadline so we have to move quickly to make this work

Niti_Kaur

Post by Niti_Kaur » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:52 pm

Hey Matt and Jim

I went through MicroPython's proposal for GSOD 2021 and wish to work on the same.
I am a third-year undergraduate pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science. I am an IoT and an AI enthusiast and have a piece of in-depth knowledge and experience working with different microcontroller boards like Arduino, NodeMCU ESP8266 among other boards and Raspberry Pi Modules. I worked on making the documentation for different boards, sensors and actuators as a part of the 15 days IoT workshop organised by the company. I also mentored the students and professionals and debugged their issues who participated in the workshop and therefore have a fair idea of what a newbie, as well as an experienced, might look for in a documentation.

I went through the tasks which have been listed out in the proposal and the issues which are raised in the repository regarding the documentation.I want to work on the same and would like to know if there is anything that we need to submit along with the proposal?